BEST COUNTERTOP FOR YOUR KICTHEN: QUARTZ
The kitchen is that part of the house which is used most often. Having a durable top, which is easy to clean, is one of the top priorities for picking out a countertop material. Various materials are available in the market. Granite is one of the most popular options for a countertop. Still, Quartz Countertops Toronto is increasingly becoming a popular choice. Quartz is a man-made engineered material that makes up for most of the downfalls you would have to face when you opt for a granite countertop. Here are some reasons why quartz countertops are the best for your kitchen.
High Durability of the countertops
Quartz Countertops are an attractive option for materials. The fact that they have been engineered makes them the best choice for your countertop. The slab for your quartz countertop comprises 90 percent of quartz and binding materials. In comparison, the rest 10 percent account for the colored pigments. This strong bond makes the countertop extremely durable. The kitchen surfaces are always heavily used. This heavy and constant use doesn’t cause the surface to stains, scratch, or chip. The quartz countertops are kind of indestructible.
One of the most significant drawbacks of many stone countertops is that they are extremely porous and absorb liquid. This absorption of fluids is the cause of staining. Marble is more porous than granite. Even in granite, the degree of porosity differs. For the granite surface to remain non-porous, they need to undergo sealing.
On the other hand, the quartz surface has been engineered so that it has a non-porous quality. So you no longer have to worry about spills turning into stains. There are no small holes or cracks through which the liquid could get stuck. It also makes the surface easier to clean. You could clean the body with the help of mild dish soap and water. You should avoid using any harsh cleaners like bleach or any other abrasive cleaner.
Whether you are renovating your kitchen or getting a new one, you have to keep in mind that the maintenance should be low. What makes quartz countertops an increasingly attractive option is the fact that its care is seemingly quiet, as you won’t need to use a wax coating or sealing to make them last longer. The Quartz surface requires even lower maintenance than granite and other countertops. Due to quartz being non-porous, you don’t have to buy expensive cleaning products to scrub and clean the surface. All you have to do is wipe the surface down with a damp cloth. The surface is only damaged when it is exposed to aggressive cutting and scrapping or extreme heat.
Quartz vs. Granite
Quartz countertop is one material that gives Granite fair competition. Quartz is highly resilient, which makes it resistant to damage. The non-porous quality of quartz makes it easier to clean and less susceptible to staining. It is easier to maintain as it doesn’t require sealing or waxing.